Sunday, July 20, 2008

One of My Last Nights Pregnant!!

I cannot believe that tomorrow is July 21st already! I had such an emotional day today but not the kind where I am angry, sad or moody I just kind of kept to myself and got alot of stuff done around the house. I washed all of Austin's blankets, towels and clothes for hopefully the next couple of weeks... who knows though. I also made sure that the house would look decent for when I got home from the hospital. There is nothing more stressful to me than a dirty house and I know that once the baby is here I will be a little helpless but if I can come home to a clean home then I will be ok for a few days! Jeff is taking the week off of work for sure and I am glad to have him home so we can all bond as a new little family! He will also be such a good cook and cleaner for me!! So I am thinking also about how tonight could be my last night pregnant. I go in tomorrow at 5pm for the cervical gel and they will monitor baby and I for a few hours. I had a phone interview with a nurse at St. Lukes and she said that for as far along as I am that there is a very good chance I could go into labor within 1-2 hours of getting the gel so they don't want to send me home too early. If not though I will have one last uncomfortable night and go in on the 22nd at 7 am! I am soooo ready and it is finally here! I will make sure and take pics of my belly and stuff before we leave off to the hospital and also take plenty of pics while at the hospital so that for anyone who is not able to be here I will be able to post the experience.
Last note before I am off for the night... I am soo thankful to have the ability to provide for my little one and that I am bringing him into a safe home with an amazing father as well. It broke my heart when the nurse had to ask me questions like if I was afraid to bring him home because we might be abused or if I thought I would be able to feed my child or provide a roof over his head. I really don't think about how many little ones that are born each day and do have to go home to no food, abuse or poor housing. Our family is very fortunate and I am more thankful for that now that I am responsible for someone else's life than I think I ever have been before.

He is almost here!! I will probably not post again until after I have had him so take care everyone and have a good week!

1 comment:

McClains said...

It's the 23rd so I know you have probably had your little guy...I hate the suspense of waiting for pictures!! I hope it all went well!